Scroll down the page to see event details.
2018 Google Calendar Events
Location: see location maps Be sure to bookmark http://naperwrimo.org/events that will always point to the latest Events page. This year will be the fifth Library Crawl (following 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017). Don't know what a write-in is? See All About Write-ins.
You may visit the calendar source: Naperville google calendar
- Kick-off potluck lunch: Oct 27, 11:30am–3:00pm
- Nov 1st, midnight: Start Writing!
- Write-ins: see naperwrimo.org/events
- Dueling Trains: Nov 3, 10:30am for Glen Ellyn and Downers Grove Train Stations
- Two Brothers Roundhouse Write-in: Nov 9, 6-10pm
- All Day Write-In: Nov 17, 8am-3pm
- Mid-Month Meetup: Nov 17 (after the all day Write-In)
- Nov 30th, 11:59 PM -- Stop Writing!
- TGIO potluck lunch: Dec 8th, 11:30– 3:00
2018 Preparatory Workshops
Four workshops are planned for 2018: see the event calendar for logistics
- October 6th, 1-3 pm, Nichols Library in Naperville: Allie Pleiter, Sam McAdams (ML) - Allie Pleiter’s innovative Chunky Method offers practical, real-world productivity advice in an easy to read and inspiring workbook. Follow a step-by-step plan to identify your unique writing “Chunk” and wield it to create a solid plan that works “even when life gets in the way.” No matter what your writing style, The Chunky Method Handbook will help you chart an individualized path to your creative writing goals.
- Here are quotes from previous workshop attendees:
- "Implementing the Chunky Method has charged my writing with confidence, quadrupled my productivity, organized my days, and enhanced my enjoyment of life. Allie is my hero!"
- "I was overwhelmed, but now I feel fantastic”
- “I’m only one day into putting your processes into action; but wow, what a difference in my productivity and happiness.”
- "Some of the most valuable, and applicable information I've received in over fourteen years of conferences and online classes.”
- Award-winning bestselling author of over thirty books, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction working on as many as four novels at a time. The “dare from a friend” to begin writing has produced a seventeen-year career with over 1.4 million books sold.In addition to writing, Allie maintains an active writing productivity coaching practice and speaks regularly on faith, the creative process, women’s issues, and her very favorite topic—The Chunky Method of time management for writers. Visit her website at www.alliepleiter.com to learn more.
- October 13th, 1-3 pm, Nichols Library in Naperville: Jennifer Smith, Tim Yao (ML) - Outlining Your Novel, A workshop by Jennifer Smith. Find out how and why to create an outline for your novel. Learn tips, tricks and see a demo of a useful software application to help with the process. There will be several exercises and examples to illustrate the topics presented. Bring an open creative mind, paper, pencils, and/or a laptop.
- October 14th, 1-3 pm, Glen Ellyn Public Library, Daniel McCullough, Jenny Johnson, ML facilitator, The Part Where They Talk to Each Other (A NaNoWriMo Prep Workshop). What is dialogue? Its the part of the story where the characters talk to each other. Come join this interactive workshop on how dialogue can be used in stories and learn tips for writing it.
- October 20th, 1-3 pm, Nichols Library in Naperville: J. Leigh Bailey, Jenny Johnson (ML) - Show and Tell: It’s not just for Kindergarten. One of the most widely spread “rules” of writing is the infamous “show don’t tell.” In this program, we break down the hows and whys of this important guideline, and also discuss situations in which it’s better to tell than to show. This session will provide some quick and dirty tips to ensure readers experience the story through action, thoughts, senses, and feelings rather than through exposition, summarization, and description.
- j. leigh bailey is an office drone by day and the author of 8 Young Adult and New Adult LGBT Romance by night. She’s spent decades—first as a reader, then as a writer—chasing that vitally important Happily Ever After. She’s a firm believer that everyone, no matter their gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation or paranormal affiliation deserves a happy ending.
Slack channel events
Naperville Municipal Center 2018 Dates
- Kick-off: October 27 - Lunchroom from 11:45 am - 3 pm
- All-Day Write-in: November 17 - Meeting Room B from 8 am to 3 pm
- Thank Goodness It's Over Party: December 8 - Lunchroom from 11:45 am to 3 pm
Nichols Library (NPL) 2018 Dates
- Community Room on 10/6, 13 and 20 from 1-3 pm - Prep workshops
- and 11/4, 11, 18 and 25 from 1:30 to 4:30 - write-ins
Glen Ellyn Public Library Preparatory Workshop 2018
- October 14th, Daniel McCullough
- Jenny Johnson, ML facilitator