- 1 What is the Library Crawl?
- 2 What do NaNo participants do?
- 3 How do I enter the raffle?
- 4 Do I have to be present to win?
- 5 What do NaNo participants get?
- 6 Which libraries are participating?
- 7 What if a library has more than one write-in scheduled and I go to all of them?
- 8 What do I do with all of the passport cards?
What is the Library Crawl?
The brainchild of Sarah Kovacs (librarian at Carol Stream and sarahk06 on NaNoWriMo), the Library Crawl is intended to add a bit of fun to NaNoWriMo and encourage participants to visit each of the participating libraries in November, attending their write-in events.
What do NaNo participants do?
Just attend the scheduled write-ins and be sure to pick up the library-specific index card from the write-in host.
How do I enter the raffle?
Bring your passport cards to the TGIO party on Saturday, December 6 at the Naperville Municipal Center. Each card will be punched for a raffle ticket into the prize drawing.
Do I have to be present to win?
Yes, to win a prize you must attend the TGIO party. However, if you can't make it you are still welcome to participate for the pride of completion!
What do NaNo participants get?
Each card you get will be good for one special raffle ticket at the December 6th TGIO (Thank Goodness It's Over) Pot-luck Party. Several of the libraries will be contributing great prizes for the raffle.
Which libraries are participating?
The following libraries are participating in the inaugural 2014 Library Crawl:
- Aurora (the Main branch and Eola Road branch)
- Carol Stream
- Glen Ellyn
- Indian Prairie
- Naperville (Nichols Library and the 95th Street Library)
You can find the logistics for their write-ins on the [NaperWriMo calendar http://naperwrimo.org/events].
What if a library has more than one write-in scheduled and I go to all of them?
You can receive one passport index card per write-in attended.
What do I do with all of the passport cards?
As you collect them, you can add them to your NaNoWriMo hipster PDA. In 2014, we will be distributing the hipster PDAs at the preparatory workshops in October.