RSVP for TGIO Party - 8 December
Uh oh! We're heading down the final stretch of NaNo. It is not only time to strive to finish strong, but also plan on attending our "Thank Goodness It's Over Party!" Saturday, December 8, 2012 from 11:45 AM to 3:00 PM, in rooms BC of the Naperville Municipal Center. Everyone bringing a dish can park in the underground garage and enter the Naperville Municipal Center on the lower level where rooms BC are. This is a pot-luck lunch celebration, so please bring a dish to share if you are able to.
Please RSVP in this thread (only those who RSVP will receive certificates of achievement and be entered in the raffle for the NaNoWriMo posters). Everyone is welcome--you don't have to have won to come and have fun!; and you are welcome to bring your friends and family. Please let us know if you have guests (and how many) as well as what you are bringing.
Post last updated: 5:15 am December 8
Projected attendance: 39 definite + 2 maybe
What people are bringing:
* Chicken (TRRDEDEAN)
* Chili? (NewMexicoKid)
* Vegetarian dish & Brie with Bread (KatherineWriting)
* Steak bites in bacon (Sarastirsyou)
* Spaghetti (Sapphire)
* TeenWriter (turkey sandwiches & lasagna)
*cheese & crackers (domitus)
* Meat & cheese tray (RLShepherd)
* Chicken quesadillas (Cableshaft)
* 4 bottles pop (TRRDEDEAN)
* Pop (Urbanknight1968)
* Ice (DJRM)
* Coffee (Sadcadams)
* Veggie tray - jen.e.moore
* Potato side dish - RobinM
* Western Quinoa (vegetarian, spicy) - Nidia.Ceylon
* String Beans (Maryellen)
* Orzo salad (The Peddler of Dreams)
* taco salad (Qberty)
* Brownies - TogetherAgain
* Pastries - midwestraised
* Cookies - moshomito
* Cookies - writetodd07
* full sized plates - Have from Kickoff (KatherineWriting will bring)
* napkins - Have from kickoff (KatherineWriting will bring)
* plastic forks/knifes -- have from kickoff (KatherineWriting will bring)
* plastic cups - (ziplizard)
* cups, bowl (for ice) and tongs (DJRM)
What is the TGIO party?
This is our chance to kick back and unwind from our wonderfully crazy month of over caffeinated, keyboard pounding, 30 Days and Nights of Literary Abandon during the 2012 National Novel Writing Month. This is a time to actually talk with the people we've fought innumerable word wars, celebrate our results, eat, play games, and plan what we are going to do with what we have written.
Do I have to RSVP?
Please RSVP as we present awards to everyone for their involvement in NaNo. Not everyone may reach 50,000 words in November but everyone is a winner! So please RSVP to this thread. You will also be entered in the raffle for the posters and nanobots:
Can I bring a guest?
Definitely! The more the merrier! Bring friends, family.
How about kids?
We've had young writers participate before; our events are all family-friendly, but your kids ideally should be interested in writing and mature enough to interact well with others. The TGIO is family-friendly. NaNoWriMo is officially for participants age 13+ and everyone is welcome to any of our events.
We usually have them for our group picture, mainly so we can toss them in the air. So bring one if you'd like.
Ideas on What to bring for Food
- main course (always need lots of these)
- Vegetable side dishes
- raw vegetables & dip
- fruit salads
- green salads
- pasta or rice side dishes -
- Rolls or bread
- cheese & crackers -
- cold soft drinks in cans -
- cold water in small bottles
Who's definitely coming? (39 definite + 2 maybe)
- TRRDEDEAN - I'll bring some chicken as well as 4 liter bottles of pop
- NewMexicoKid - I'll bring a main dish (chili)
- ziplizard - plastic cups
- KatherineWriting & FinBarrMcG (& Sabrina) - napkins, plates, and forks (Leftover from kickoff), main vegetarian dish & brie and bread
- TogetherAgain - brownies
- sarastirsyou - steakbites wrapped in bacon
- urbanknight1968 - pop
- Sapphire & Joe (Corrupted Flame) - Spaghetti
- midwestraised - pastries
- jen.e.moore - veggie tray
- RobinM + possibly one - potato side dish
- mochomito - cookies
- DJRM - cups, bowl, tongs, ice (and possible something else)
- Nidia.Ceylon + 1 other - Western Quinoa (vegetarian, spicy)
- Basil Cliffside - second half (so will miss the food)
- Suenor - chips
- ethompson299 - filipino eggrolls
- domitus - cheese & crackers
- Maryellen - string beans
- writetodd07 - cookies
- The Peddler of Dreams (Orzo salad) + 1 maybe coming
- TeenWriter (sandwiches & lasagna) + 3 others
- Qberty (taco salad)
- RLShepherd (meat & cheese tray)
- Phonexica24 + 1 other
- Sadcadams - box of coffee
- Cableshaft - chicken quesadillas
- Amy 33
Who may be coming? (3)
I'll bring plates (full size) and napkins. (Yay! No cooking!)
So I'm bring plastic cups and no plates nor napkins? I can do that.
I'll bring the napkins, plates and silverware from the kick-off.
And a main vegetarian dish.
And Brie and bread.
FinBarrMcG (Barry) will be with me and probably Sabrina as well.
I'll be there! YAY! I specifically took off work so that I could come, and I will gladly bring some super delicious home made brownies.
Unfortunately I will be out of town taking care of an ailing family member. Could be worse...I could be doing it in November. Anyway, I'll miss you all, but hope it will be a wonderful time.
Congratulations to everybody!
I'm in and I'll bring some sort of red meat main course. Maybe some bacon wrapped steak bites? We'll see, but it will be delicious!
I was thinking this whole month that this was December 1st and that I was going to be stuck working for it. I'm pretty sure I have December 8th off so I will be there!
This is also more or less an RSVP for Joe. :)
May I bring some kind of a pastry from Mariano's TBD until I pass it on the way over? If you need it locked down - or if you have too many "pastry" type items, please let me know? I've noted that brownies are already spoken for.
Also, woo-hoo - it's too early for me to be celebrating (44+K and counting...), but congrats to all the others who've passed their 50K mark. You and our wonderful MLs are motivating me!
Tentatively RSVPing for me and possibly one. I'll bring a potato side dish.
Post a new comment:
There are currently 44617 users online.